Covid 19 Health & Safety Information
The health and safety of our customers and team members is paramount and we want to make each visit to 1826 Adare a welcoming and comfortable experience. Over the past few months we have all endured changes to the way we live due to Covid-19 and as we get back to some kind of normality, we want ensure you that we are taking all the necessary steps to allow us to operate and bring you some of our finest food and beverages in a safe environment for both our staff and our customers.
Below you will find an outline of what to expect when you visit us
Each day before we open our doors we shall be implementing opening checkup procedures to ensure a safe environment for guests and staff.
– Temperature checks for all team members before they commence work.
– There will be a PPE and uniform check for all staff before they commence work.
– The sanitisation of all front of house and service touch points before opening.
– Intensive hand hygiene practices
– A run through of checklist essential items by teams members for PPE, soap and sanitisers in all relevant sections.
– We are accepting 3 month advance bookings via our website, Resdiary or telephone
– Our booking team shall confirm your booking and sitting times.
– All guests will be required to provide credit card details on booking and provide contact tracing details.
– We will only be taking bookings of up to 10 persons per table.
– Table sittings will have a duration of 120 minutes for you to enjoy a meal.
– We would kindly request all our guests to arrive together and at the exact time of their booking. If you are going to be delayed, we would ask you to just let us know by phone.
– We understand that sometimes things happen and you can’t make it to their booking. Because we are currently only allowing pre-booked guests into our restaurant, we would ask you to kindly contact us with as much notice as possible if you cannot make your booking. This means we can free up this time for another guest.
– In the case of no shows or cancellations within 48 hours there will be a charging fee of €30 per person.
Arriving at our restaurant
To ensure a comfortable visit for staff and guests we would kindly ask our customers to only visit our restaurant if they are feeling well. We have worked hard to put a number of measures in place for reopening safely.
–Please have vaccination certificate and photo ID ready on arrival
– Face covers must be worn by customers arriving to and leaving their table includes going to toilets).
– We would kindly ask that customer wait at our entrance to be seated.
– We would ask that all our customers kindly use the hand sanitiser available at the entrance upon arrival.
– During this period our cloakroom shall be closed and you will be asked to hold on to all of your belongings.
– A team member shall bring you directly to your table giving you as much physical space as possible on route.
– Once at your table guests shall be required to pull out your own chair.
– We would kindly ask guests to kindly remain at their table throughout their visit with the exception of bathroom use, in order to respect social distancing guidelines of our staff and other guests.
How your table will be presented
– All our tables will be generously spaced apart and capacity will be reduced in line with current guidelines to ensure a relaxed visit.
– At present we will have minimum presetting on our tables
– Salt & pepper will be on our table (taken away after main course and sanitized ) and all condiments will be served to your table when requested, by our wait staff and shall be cleaned after each use.
– All our staff will be required to wash or sanitise their hands after visiting each occupied table. This includes after food, drinks, dishware, silverware, napkins or other serving equipment is delivered.
Bill presentation and payment
– We will present your bill in a sanitised bill holder.
– At this time we will continue to encourage all guests to pay by contactless card or phone payments at your table.
–The credit card terminal will be sanatised before and after use.
Toilet cleaning and access
– To allow for as much social distancing as possible, our toilets will be unisex and will only be occupied by one person at a time.
– Toilets will be checked and cleaned frequently.
– Toilet checks will include sanitising down door handles, taps, sinks, counter tops, ledges, toilet seats & flushers.
– All touch points such as handrails, lift buttons and doors on route to the bathrooms will be sanitised every 60 minutes.
– We shall also have a hand sanitiser station at the entrance to the bathroom.
Leaving our restaurant
When you are paying your bill, a member of our wait staff will guide you to the door to leave the building. We shall sometimes have one way systems in place to give each diner as much social distance from other guests as possible and guests will be informed as they take their seat at their allotted table.
Table preparation for our next guests
To allow us to properly sanitise an area previously used by a guest we have spaced each booking 15 minutes apart.
– Each previously occupied space will receive a thorough clean between sittings.
– Each table will be cleaned using spray sanitiser. It shall be evenly sprayed all over the table including legs, sides and underneath. After 20 seconds it shall be wiped thoroughly with a disposal cleaning roll.
– Each chair will be sprayed with spray sanitiser evenly to include the seat, back, arms and legs. Again it will be left for 20 seconds before being wiped with a disposal cleaning roll. All soft furnishes will be steam cleaned after use
– Disposal roll will be binned immediately after use.
– A team member will be required to wash their hands straight away
PPE & signage
In order for you to enjoy a comfortable visit to our restaurant we will be reminding guests where they can avail of various sanitisation stations throughout the building.
– We will have some health and hygiene reminder signage throughout.
– You can expect sanitiser stations for our guests at all entrance, exit and bathrooms.
– Handwash, hand sanitizer, visors gloves, masks, will be available to all staff.
Front of house cleaning
– We shall perform a bathroom check and clean frequently.
– Clean and disinfect door handles, counters, sinks, toilet paper dispensers, seats/flushers.
– Check the supply and refill soap dispensers, sanitiser, toilet paper.
– Empty all bins as needed.
– Clean and sanitise all touch points throughout the building including door handles, push plates, ledges.
– Clean and sanitise railings, ledges, and counters, service station counters, pens,
– Clean and sanitise the handles of equipment doors on server related coolers, handles of dispensers, ice scoops, sink handles, towel and soap dispensers, front counter areas, pens or other writing utensils, clipboards, etc.
– Clean and sanitise the till.
– Clean and sanitise bill holders.
In order to comply with social distancing rules, you shall only be able to order a drink at your table for the foreseeable future..
– Our glass washers will be deep cleaned (at a temperature of 73 degrees for 3 minutes for thermal disinfection) and serviced pre reopening.
– An ice scoop will always be used when working with ice.
– Fruit tongs will be used when handling all fruit and garnishes.
– All staff will be retrained on how to handle glassware safely.
– Tills and credit card machines will be sanitised every hour.
–Fridge handles will be cleaned regularly throughout service.
–Team members will wash hands every 30 minutes,
– All bottled beers will be served with accompanying glass.
– Wine coolers will be cleaned after each use.
– We shall deliver your drinks to your table on a tray.
– All finished glasses and bottles will be collected from tables on trays,
– The glass or bottle will be picked up by the body, not the neck.
– Team members will wash their hands after collecting used glassware.
How our kitchens will run
We know eating out is supposed to be a relaxing affair and we want to assure our customers that on and off the floor we’re working hard to ensure your visit is an enjoyable and safe one.
– Our menu will be designed to allow for a limited amount of chefs to work in our kitchens at any one time.
– Each chef will work in only one section of the kitchen and shall cook one element of the menus only i.e starters, mains or desserts.
– A full station prep will be carried out before each service to limit the number of chefs in the kitchen at any one time.
– Our chefs will wear masks or faceguards while on duty
– Regular hand washin.
– All food hygiene and safety standards will continue to be implemented to a high standard
– We shall have one dedicated person doing wash up at any one time.
– Their hands will be washed before taking clean crockery out of the dish washing machine.
– The dishwasher cycle will run at a 60 degree wash and 70 degree rinse cycle to ensure full disinfection and in keeping with current advice.e box or containers have touched.