Covid 19 Health & Safety Information
The health and safety of our customers and team members is paramount and we want to make each visit to 1826 Adare a welcoming and comfortable experience. Over the past few months we have all endured changes to the way we live due to Covid-19 and as we get back to some kind of normality, we want ensure you that we are taking all the necessary steps to allow us to re-open and bring you some of our finest food and beverages in a safe environment for both our staff and our customers.
Below you will find an outline of what to expect when you visit us
On July 3rd we welcomed you back into our restaurant.
We are working incredibly hard to ensure that you have a comfortable and enjoyable experience and here are some of the measures we took prior to opening our restaurant
– All team members are required to sign a “fit to return to work” form.
– All team members underwent new cleaning and service standard training before commencing work and signed off by a manager.
– educating all team members on the importance and safe use of PPE.
– Training on how we shall deliver new menus, bookings policies, table layouts and opening hours.
– The restaurant is continually deep cleaned and all surfaces and touch points are routinely sanitised.
– All furniture is repositioned to allow for social distancing between tables as per government guidelines which is currently 2 metres.
Each day before we open our doors we shall be implementing pre-opening checkup procedures to ensure a safe environment for guests and staff.
– Temperature checks for all team members before they commence work.
– There will be a PPE and uniform check for all staff before they commence work.
– The sanitisation of all front of house and service touch points before opening.
– Intensive hand hygiene practices
– A run through of checklist essential items by teams members for PPE, soap and sanitisers in all relevant sections.
– We are accepting advance bookings via our website, Resdiary or telephone
– Our booking team shall confirm your booking and sitting times.
– All guests will be required to provide credit card details on booking and provide contact tracing details for each guest.
– We will only be taking bookings of up to 6 persons per table, no more than 3 households per table.
– Table sittings will have a duration of 105 minutes for you to enjoy a meal.The restaurant will close at 11.30pm
– We would kindly request all our guests to arrive together and at the exact time of their booking. If you are going to be delayed, we would ask you to just let us know by phone.
– We understand that sometimes things happen and you can’t make it to their booking. Because we are currently only allowing pre-booked guests into our restaurant, we would ask you to kindly contact us with as much notice as possible if you cannot make your booking. This means we can free up this time for another guest.
– In the case of no shows or cancellations within 48 hours there will be a charging fee of €30 per person.
Arriving at our restaurant
To ensure a comfortable visit for staff and guests we would kindly ask our customers to only visit our restaurant if they are feeling well. We have worked hard to put a number of measures in place for reopening safely.
– Face covers must be worn by customers arriving to and leaving their table includes going to toilets).
– We would kindly ask that customer wait at our entrance to be seated.
– We would ask that all our customers kindly use the hand sanitiser available at the entrance upon arrival.
– We assure you, that you will not be waiting more than a minute or two.
– During this period our cloakroom shall be closed and you will be asked to hold on to all of your belongings.
– A team member shall bring you directly to your table giving you as much physical space as possible on route.
– Once at your table guests shall be required to pull out your own chair.
– We would kindly ask guests to kindly remain at their table throughout their visit with the exception of bathroom use, in order to respect social distancing guidelines of our staff and other guests.
How your table will be presented
– All our tables will be generously spaced apart and capacity will be reduced in line with current guidelines to ensure a relaxed visit.
– At present we will have minimum presetting on our tables
– We shall be using disposable single use menus and napkins for the time being.
– Salt & pepper will be on our table (taken away after main course and sanitized ) and all condiments will be served to your table when requested, by our wait staff and shall be cleaned after each use.
– All our staff will be required to wash or sanitise their hands after visiting each occupied table. This includes after food, drinks, dishware, silverware, napkins or other serving equipment is delivered.
Ordering your meal
– During this time we will be encouraging guests to order their full meal and drinks at the one time in order to allow our wait staff to socially distance themselves.
– Orders can be placed with a member of wait staff allocated to your table. Our single use menu will have food options and beverages will be disposed of after use Wines list will be presented separately which will be sanitized after use.
– Water and wine will not be poured by wait staff at the table unless requested. Guests will be encouraged to do this themselves.
– Your server will keep as much distance as possible away from guests and their table while still being able to comfortably hear and talk to you.
When your meal arrives
Your server will deliver your food to the table by hand.
– Your server will carry only one plate per hand.
– Servers will be required to wash their hands before serving their next table.
Bill presentation and payment
– We will present your bill in a sanitised bill holder.
– At this time we will continue to encourage all guests to pay by contactless card or phone payments.
–The credit card terminal will be sanatised before and after use.
Toilet cleaning and access
– To allow for as much social distancing as possible, our toilets will be unisex and will only be occupied by one person at a time.
– Toilets will be checked and cleaned every hour.
– Toilet checks will include sanitising down door handles, taps, sinks, counter tops, ledges, toilet seats & flushers.
– All touch points such as handrails, lift buttons and doors on route to the bathrooms will be sanitised every 60 minutes.
– We shall also have a hand sanitiser station at the entrance to the bathroom.
Leaving our restaurant
When you are paying your bill, a member of our wait staff will guide you to the door to leave the building. We shall sometimes have one way systems in place to give each diner as much social distance from other guests as possible and guests will be informed as they take their seat at their allotted table.
Table preparation for our next guests
To allow us to properly sanitise an area previously used by a guest we have spaced each booking 15 minutes apart.
– Each previously occupied space will receive a thorough clean between sittings.
– Each table will be cleaned using spray sanitiser. It shall be evenly sprayed all over the table including legs, sides and underneath. After 20 seconds it shall be wiped thoroughly with a disposal cleaning roll.
– Each chair will be sprayed with spray sanitiser evenly to include the seat, back, arms and legs. Again it will be left for 20 seconds before being wiped with a disposal cleaning roll. All soft furnishes will be steam cleaned after use
– Disposal roll will be binned immediately after use.
– A team member will be required to wash their hands straight away
PPE & signage
In order for you to enjoy a comfortable visit to our restaurant we will be reminding guests where they can avail of various sanitisation stations throughout the building.
– We will have some health and hygiene reminder signage throughout.
– You can expect sanitiser stations for our guests at all entrance, exit and bathrooms.
– Handwash, hand sanitizer, visors gloves, masks, will be available to all staff.
Front of house cleaning
– We shall perform a bathroom check and clean every hour.
– Clean and disinfect door handles, counters, sinks, toilet paper dispensers, seats/flushers.
– Check the supply and refill soap dispensers, sanitiser, toilet paper.
– Empty all bins as needed.
– Clean and sanitise all touch points throughout the building including door handles, push plates, ledges.
– Clean and sanitise railings, ledges, and counters, service station counters, pens,
– Clean and sanitise the handles of equipment doors on server related coolers, handles of dispensers, ice scoops, sink handles, towel and soap dispensers, front counter areas, pens or other writing utensils, clipboards, etc.
– Clean and sanitise the till.
– Clean and sanitise bill holders.
In order to comply with social distancing rules, you shall only be able to order a drink at your table for the foreseeable future..
– Our glass washers will be deep cleaned (at a temperature of 73 degrees for 3 minutes for thermal disinfection) and serviced pre reopening.
– An ice scoop will always be used when working with ice.
– Fruit tongs will be used when handling all fruit and garnishes.
– All staff will be retrained on how to handle glassware safely.
– Tills and credit card machines will be sanitised every hour.
–Fridge handles will be cleaned regularly throughout service.
–Team members will wash hands every 30 minutes,
– Straws will not be available
– All bottled beers will be served with accompanying glass.
– Wine coolers will be cleaned after each use.
– We shall deliver your drinks to your table on a tray.
– All finished glasses and bottles will be collected from tables on trays,
– The glass or bottle will be picked up by the body, not the neck.
– Team members will wash their hands after collecting used glassware.
How our kitchens will run
We know eating out is supposed to be a relaxing affair and we want to assure our customers that on and off the floor we’re working hard to ensure your visit is an enjoyable and safe one.
– Our menu will be designed to allow for a limited amount of chefs to work in our kitchens at any one time.
– Each chef will work in only one section of the kitchen and shall cook one element of the menus only i.e starters, mains or desserts.
– A full station prep will be carried out before each service to limit the number of chefs in the kitchen at any one time.
– Our chefs will wear masks or faceguards while on duty
– Regular hand washin.
– All food hygiene and safety standards will continue to be implemented to a high standard
– We shall have one dedicated person doing wash up at any one time.
– Their hands will be washed before taking clean crockery out of the dish washing machine.
– The dishwasher cycle will run at a 60 degree wash and 70 degree rinse cycle to ensure full disinfection and in keeping with current advice.
To ensure the safe delivery of goods to our buildings we are changing the way we interact with our food suppliers and delivery teams with new procedures.
– All deliveries will be accepted outside of the building.
– We aim to restrict the need for the delivery driver to enter our venues. If access is needed, they must wear a mask and wash hands prior to entry and again on exit.
– Our staff will be required to wear a mask and gloves when accepting deliveries.
– No delivery persons will have access to our kitchens.
– All goods will be decanted from boxes and containers immediately and boxes removed from the area as fast as possible.
– There will be a wash down of any surface that the box or containers have touched.
– Staff members handling goods must then wash their hands.
Ensuring the safety of our staff is a major priority for us, not just while they are customer facing but behind the scenes too. New measures are now in place to ensure they have a safe working environment.
– No more than one person at a time can avail of the use of the changing room.
– All staff will be asked to change quickly and leave the area immediately after use.
– Staff will be required to wash their hands after changing in and out of uniform and after using the bathroom.
In the event that a staff member has been in contact with a confirmed case, they will be required to notify a manager immediately and must self-isolate until a test is completed.
In the event that a staff member is showing any symptoms, they must contact their GP and manager immediately. They will be required to self-isolate and await further instructions from their doctor.
Any staff member showing a high temperature on arrival to work will not be permitted to work and will be sent home and advised to contact their GP for further instruction.
Should a staff member start developing symptoms during their shift, they will be brought to an unused area in the building until someone can come collect them. They will be required to wear a mask during this period and keep at least 2 metres from other staff members.
Confirmed Case Notification
In the event that we are alerted to a case of Covid-19 from a staff member or customer, we shall provide contact tracing details based on our rosters and customer bookings log to the relevant government approved departments.